Wearing | Forever 21 waterfall blazer • Forever 21 striped knit • Santee Alley sailor shorts
WeLoveColors burgundy socks • thrifted mary jane pumps
Time for me to force some of my favorite things onto you:
- Red velvet cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. White chocolate shavings, cream cheese icing, two layers of red velvet cake, and original cheesecake sandwiched in between = a slice of pure bliss.
- Thrift shops in East L.A. (Eagle Rock, Silverlake, Echo Park). Not so much a secret anymore that this is where I find a lot of my gems. One word: goldmine.
- Bobbi Brown tinted lip balm in Pink Raspberry. Works like a chapstick, goes on like a creamy burgundy lipstick.
- Sofia Coppola films. Talk about dreamlike masterpieces. I still watch Lost in Translation and The Virgin Suicides wide-eyed over and over again, it's almost a religious experience.
- Elie Saab's Spring 2011 Haute Couture collection. BREATHTAKING. This man nails it everytime.
- Grocery shopping at Whole Foods. I can snack on enough yummy free samples to constitute a good solid lunch here. Plus, how can you go wrong with their full food court and enormous salad bar?! Heaven for the organic food junkie.
- Vintage Levi cutoffs. I own more pairs than countable on my fingers. And I refuse to buy denim shorts by any other brand.
- That fragrant, flowery smell when you bite into a rose macaron. Mmm.